Facial Cleansers work as emulsifiers to remove dirt, excess natural skin oils, bacteria, cosmetics and exfoliate the surface skin cells to help your skin breathe and attain the correct nourishment when followed by toning and moisturizing.
The best bet when considering a cleansing agent for daily use is to determine your skin type and pick a cleansing suited to your skin – a good cleanser will not disturb the ph balance of your skin and keep it feeling nourished and fresh.
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp glycerin
2 tsp water
Melt ingredients together over very low heat. When liquid, remove from heat and beat as mixture cools. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator to maintain thick consistency. Massage over face, rinse, pat dry.
- The best way to begin cleansing your face is by washing your hands thoroughly to prevent transfer of bacteria to your face.
- Begin with the hairline and work your way down with gentle sweeping movements over the face, lips and down the neck.
- Massage the cleanser gently onto the face with light movements of the fingertips and leave on for absorption and deep cleansing for about a minute
- Next, with the help of a clean cotton makeup pad, wipe away the visible dirt and pollution with your hands and if there is any cosmetic residue, wipe it downwards towards the neck.
- Rinse your face using cool water to splash it. The temperature of the water is very important, as too hot or too cold water can cause flushing and increase broken capillaries, if such exist on your skin.
Cleansing and skin care tips are meant to increase the lifespan of beautiful skin and help in detoxification of unhealthy toxins in the body. Always follow up with a good toner and moisturizer.