Applying foundation is a simple procedure, but a lot of mistakes can be made. Here is an easy way to look great.
1. Foundation is not going to help you if it's the wrong color. Go to a cosmetic counter and request help.
They will provide samples that can be matched to your specific coloring.
2. Apply foundation by dotting it on your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose.
If you don't want all over coverage, apply just in the needed areas.
||3. Dampen a sponge and gently distribute the foundation across your face.
4. Check jaw line and hairline to make sure foundation is well blended.
5. Use pads of fingers and press gently all over your face. The heat from your fingers will help in the blending process.
Don't avoid this step.
6. Go to a natural light source and check your application. Any problem areas will stand out so that they can be attended to.
7. Info: If your freckles are light, don't even try to cover them up. Show them off by using a sheer foundation.
If you happen to have the darker ones that you just can't live with, choose a cream foundation to cover and even out skin tones.
8. More Info: I always apply foundation with a wet sea sponge.
I like this variety even more than the little wedges that are available. When wet, the sponge promises a sheer layer of coverage. Try it both ways to see which you prefer.
Be sure to blend, blend, blend. Special areas to watch are the hair and jaw line. And be sure that your face isn't one color and your neck another.